Translate

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Kelly's Introduction

Hello, everyone! I'm Kelly and this will be my introductory post to our new blog, Assistive Technology.

I'm completely new to blogs so please forgive me if I step on anyone's toes in regards to changes to this blog. While I was looking around, I changed the background to the blue and purple color scheme. I believe I also altered the layout a bit.

I'm interested in assistive technology because my mother became partially blind after the age of 77 and had a difficult time reading books. She really missed that part of her recreational life so I'd like to introduce, into my local library, equipment and suggestions to help those suffering from age-related sight degeneration.

Here's looking forward to working with everyone...

3 comments:

  1. I loved hearing your connection to assistive technology! Like you, I hope to learn a little more about what assistive technology offers to those who struggle with learning challenges. Personally though, I hope to gain insight into what resources are available for students who are impacted by auditory processing disorders, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! We all bring something different to this blog & I think that will make it unique. So much is available in terms of AT that we'll have lots to write about :)Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. We all have so many original perspectives. I cannot wait to work more on the blog with everyone!

      Delete